Can you believe 2020 is over? It has been a tough one in so many ways, but even during tough times we have blessings! I know that is a crazy thought, but just think about all you have done and got through! Be proud of yourself. Before we say goodbye to 2020 and plan to rock 2021 I want to suggest you take stock of this past year, as a way to reflect, learn and celebrate. This can offer you an opportunity to gain a new hopeful perspective, direct your focus and energize for next year.
Sit down with a pen your notes in your planner and truly review all you have accomplished and survived this year. I do mean ALL! Use your planner to really dig in to make this list. This is where you get a deeper level of satisfaction besides the events or tasks that are recently on your mind.
Try this List of Categories:
- Successes & Accomplishments
- This can be the huge things, like purchasing a home.
- The smaller accomplishments that led to the bigger success.
- List the everyday things: I made lunch and took my kids to school everyday. I kept my family healthy. This is where you want to try to list EVERYTHING!! Honestly you will impress yourself and you stop taking yourself for granted.
- Things YOU Started or a Work in Progress
- What are you working on?
- What have you started that is still in progress?
- What did you start and put on the back burner?
- What did you start that was easier than you thought or harder?
- Things YOU Stopped Doing
- What did you stop doing on purpose?
- What went on the back burner for your own sanity?
- What did you simply forget to do and you didn’t even miss it?
- Struggles that you made it through
- What was hard and you made it through?
- What did you survive? i.e. Did you barely survive your kids home for online school? Holidays without family. Another zoom party! Think about things non-covid related as well.
Now that you got this list done. Go back and review it with these indicators
- Star the one’s which you are most proud of or cherish
- Circle the ones you want to continue focusing on or keep doing.
- Cross off the things you want to forgive or forget from others or yourself
- Underline the ones, you learned from the most?
Now for a bonus, share your list with someone in your life; your Spouse, mom, best friend. This act of sharing lets others be a part of your successes and they can help you celebrate.
Wishing you a phenomenal 2021!