Do you find yourself constantly asking, “What’s for dinner?” only to spend 10-30 minutes debating with your family every day? That’s over an hour a week just deciding what to eat!
And the options seem to be either constantly running to the store to grab ingredients for the same scenario tomorrow or resorting to pricey takeout that often leaves us feeling unsatisfied. But what if we could save both time and money?
By implementing a weekly meal plan, we can do just that. While the idea of meal planning may seem overwhelming, it’s actually quite simple. By following a few quick steps and doing one grocery run, we can save hours of time each week. And not only will our bank account thank us, but by using a budget planner, we can save even more money for the things we truly want!
1. Make a list of your favorite meals – This will help you to identify the meals you like and can be incorporated into your meal plan.
2. Decide on the number of meals you want to plan for – We show doing it weekly, but make sure to add in your nights out!
3. Choose a day to plan your meals – Select a day that is convenient for you to sit down and plan your meals.
4. Create a grocery list – Based on your meal plan, create a grocery list of the items you need to buy. Don’t forget to check your pantry, freezer, and spices!
5. Stick to your plan – Once you have a meal plan, try to stick to it as much as possible to avoid waste and ensure you save money!
6. Evaluate and adjust your plan – Doing it weekly allows room for changes.